Friday, July 23, 2004

The Day the Air was Installed

Yesterday was fairly traumatic for my garden. We have been without air conditioning all week, and yesterday was the day that the new unit was installed. I managed to get the rock garden dug up before the repair men arrived,

but several small sunflowers the birds had planted in front of the gate got moved in the heat of the day. (a before picture)

The repair men were racing an oncoming storm all afternoon, and therefore so was I. I needed to get all of my plants back in the ground. It began to pour the moment I knelt down to work on them. I set up a large outdoor umbrella, and kept working. (the cantelope, at the left, was crushed, hopefully not fatally)

The succulents were only mildly damaged by the workmen earlier in the week, and they seemed quite happy to be back in the ground.

The sunflowers did not fair so well. I had transplanted them immediately, but it was so hot they wilted very badly. The hard rain we had in the evening only served to batter them down further.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home