Monday, June 14, 2004

Clematis



In answer to Aunt Rilla's comment I must sadly admit that the blooms on this clematis are totally undeserved. I have done nothing to help it along other that cut it back in the fall and tie it up in the spring. It is planted in the no–man's–land of my garden. This area is totally overrun with irises. In fact you can barely see soil between the tubers. I'm not sure how the clematis manage to do so well under the circumstances. People keep telling me I need to thin out the irises, but they keep getting better each year. Perhaps both plants thrive on adversity.

2 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you get it to bloom so profusely? We tried in Michigan, but we never got blooms like that! Aunt Rilla

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Barbara Burgess said...

Absolutely gorgeous! If it like where it is, let her grow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home