Thursday, September 02, 2004

Hard at work

I finally tackled the solid mass of iris tubers in the little side patch of garden. It was rough going. The day was blisteringly hot, and the ground was mercilessly hard. The dirt looked so nice when I got done, that I didn't/haven't had the heart to put the irises back in the ground yet. If I do put them in, I think I may try to find a different location so that this area can have a bit of a Sabbath from the over working it has had. It all looks so nice and clean with its new thick coat of hard wood mulch covering it.

In the next few days I really need to work on the other side of the garden where the cantiloupe has completely taken over. It has covered the air conditioner, roses, fence, deck, everything! I have been very remiss in letting it get this out-of-hand, but I plead busy, because I have been trying to get ready for the new school year.

1 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

And ready you have gotten. I applaud your balance and persistence, my lady!

Post pix of the rogue vine, when you get a chance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home