Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Good Bye

Ronald Reagan passed away this weekend.


One thing I admired about him was that he was not afraid of hard work. Many people criticized the fact that he spent so much time at his ranch in Southern California during his presidency. But, he was not there to play, he actively ran his ranch. He found that the physical labor of cutting wood, digging holes for fence posts, or any number of other chores, made him more ready to face the tough decisions back in Washington.

I know I personally feel this way about working outside. There is something about working hard out in the sunshine that cleanses the mind, gives you time to put things into perspective, and listen for the promptings of God. Psalm 121:1-2 says: "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth." Maybe that is one reason why a ranch, or a garden can become such a dear place to a person.

To everyone today: "The Lord heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." Psalm 147:3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home