Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I Have a Groundhog in My Backyard!

This last Saturday evening I looked out the kitchen window and was amazed to see a small groundhog on the porch! My squeel of delight startled him and he waddled off the porch to the saftey of the concrete area by the back gate. We watched him happily munching away at the millet and sunflower seedlings near the squirrel... I mean bird feeder. :)



Sunday we set out some carrots and water for him, and although we didn't see who took them we set more out the next day in hopes that it had been him. Every day since then we have set some out, and everyday they get eaten. Today we finally happened to look out the window at the right time and watched him munching away at the treat. (He still hasn't eaten the celery I added this morning.)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home