Saturday, May 15, 2004

A Beginning

In the dim and distant past I seem to recall my English teachers urging me to keep a journal. They would stress how important it was not only for developing writing skills, but for discovering things about yourself and the world around you that you might not otherwise notice. I feel woefully out of practice. And, being a teacher myself now, I sense the need to get back into the habit of writing daily.

If one is going to try to start writing again, it seems wise to choose a topic that one can feel passionate about as a starting off point. Gardening, and the wildlife that call my little bit of earth home, definately fits into that catergory. At this point my plan is to write about what I do in my garden, and what I see out the window each day. I have a feeling that other topics may slip in from time to time, but then, if Thoreau's mind can be forgiven its wanderings, why not mine. :)

1 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Nice touch, comparing yourself to HDT! Great beginning. I'm looking forward to reading your work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home